The Technical Writer will play a crucial role in the company’s communication strategy by translating complex technical information into clear, concise, and user-friendly documentation. The primary responsibility will be to create, edit, and maintain various types of technical content, including user manuals, online help guides, release notes, and product documentation. Close collaboration with subject matter experts, software developers, and product managers to gather information and ensure accuracy in documentation.
This is a full-time on-site role based out of our office in Viman Nagar, Pune, India.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, providing product insights in a simple language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organise and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralised storage
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Use screenshots, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Revise documents as new issues arise
Skill sets/Experience Required:
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritisation
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Previous software development experience is preferred
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering teams to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Certification in technical communication from an accredited program
About ProMobi Technologies:
ProMobi Technologies is one of the fastest-growing bootstrapped SaaS companies. Our mission is to empower organizations across different verticals to solve real business problems with world-class SaaS products. We are driven by young, passionate, and highly experienced professionals who have a knack for building cutting-edge solutions and delighting our customers. Our product portfolio includes Scalefusion, a Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solution, NuovoPay, a Device Financing Risk Management (DFRM) platform, and NuovoTeam, a Push-to-talk & team communication platform.
Scalefusion (formerly known as Mobilock Pro)
Scalefusion - our flagship product is a leading mobile device & endpoint management software helping businesses to secure and manage a fleet of mobile devices and diverse endpoints including smartphones, tablets, laptops, rugged devices, POS, and digital signages.
NuovoPay enables Telecom Carriers, Resellers & Finance companies to protect their leased devices against EMI payment defaults. NuovoPay’s mobile locking technology remotely locks the devices that are leased to the consumers in the event of failure in EMI payments or if the devices are reported stolen. This ensures reduced collection costs and timely EMI payments.
NuovoTeam is an all-in-one employee productivity and push to talk(PTT) app that facilitates employee productivity tracking, communication and collaboration across your workforce with its distinctive features